Mold and Mildew Rug Treatment
If the beautiful rugs in your home have been recently subject to home flooding, you are most likely dealing with the problem of mold growth. H&S Rug Cleaning and Restoration offers professional mildew and mold rug treatment in Brooklyn/Manhattan for all types of area rugs.
Mold and mildew growth in carpets will not only cause your rug to smell bad, but they can also cause a series of negative health effects when inhaled. If your carpet or floors contain mold, it is best to contact professionals. Our advanced Manhattan/Brooklyn mold and mildew cleaning services will thoroughly restore your rugs and make them look brand new once again. Give us a call today if you are currently dealing with a rug mold emergency or keep reading to find out more about our treatments.
Are Your Home or Business Rugs More Prone to Mold?
Mold and mildew are known to grow on moisture, which means some areas of a house or commercial space are more naturally inclined prone to have mold grow on them. These areas are the kitchen, the bathroom, the basement or the laundry room, which are all are naturally moist. However, mold can also grow on rooftops, on walls, the ceiling, as well as on rugs and carpeting that have been left sitting in water without being properly dried on time. This can occur inside vacation homes with leaking pipe problems that have not been detected in time, bursting pipe issues, accidental floods, or homes located in areas with high humidity all year longs.
Health Problems Connected to Exposure to Mildew and Mold
Exposure to mold can cause a type of allergy that resembles hay fever, but this is not the only health issue you might be dealing with if mildew has taken over your rugs. Mold is known to generate a series of allergens, as the substances found in it can provoke allergic reactions in some people. If you or your children suffer from asthma, you will be more likely to suffer some potentially dangerous reactions when exposed to mold. According to the EPA, black mold and other types of dangerous mold will usually release some extremely dangerous substances called mycotoxins. These can cause irritations to the lungs, eyes, and nose. Also, even people who do not suffer from any respiratory problems or mold allergies can also be sometimes affected by a number of allergic reactions, which is why hiring well-trained pros who know what they are doing is essential.
Our Expert Mold and Mildew Removal Services
If you are currently dealing with mold or mildew on your rugs, it is best to try to avoid any DIY removal or area rug treatments. Directly trying the mold and mildew on your rugs trying to assess the extent of the damage will cause more harm than good. You will not only move around the spores of the mold and cause them to freely and uncontrollably spread throughout the air, but also potentially harm your skin and trigger a rash or a different type of allergic reaction on the spot, especially if you are already allergic to mold.
Our expert rug mold and mildew restoration services can tackle the problem for you in a few simple steps:
- they will complete a detailed assessment of the source of the mold as well as the moisture that has triggered it. This is mandatory in order to prevent further mold and mildew issues with your rugs in the near future.
- The next step of the process is the vacuuming that is needed to thoroughly remove all traces of dust and dirt.
- Depending on the type of area rug you need assistance with, we could then either manually wash the rug or opt for steam cleaning, dry cleaning, or a different compatible cleaning method.
- Both sides of the rug will be washed with the help of low pH shampoos and other cleaning products compatible with the weaving and fabrics.
- Our advanced anti-mold technicians closely follow the most advanced EPA protocols needed to contain the contamination. We warmly recommend you not to rely on bleach to remove any mold and mildew staining and spotting. While bleach might remove some of the visible mold, it will not be as efficient at actually killing the spores of the and stopping them from further thriving on your rugs. This is why it is essential to hire top area rug mold cleaning services that can use the strongest, and at the same time, the safest mold and mildew removal products and techniques.
- With the help of slow-drying techniques, we can also guarantee that the size and the beautiful colors of the rug will not be affected.
- Finally, we will carefully apply specialized fabric softener that is fully compatible with the type of rug that you own to prevent additional fungi and mold from growing on it.
Area Rug Mold and Mildew Deodorization Solutions
We offer other services for mold and mildew treatments such as deodorization and sanitation. We can make your damaged rugs covered in unsightly mold stains look and smell fresh and brand new once again, allowing you to enjoy their plush and comfort. In the case you are dealing with wood flooring or upholstered furniture mold and mildew issues, we can also provide you with stain protector application.
Affordable Rug Mold and Mildew Cleaning Prices
Call us at (718) 473-0955 for a free and comprehensive estimate on our mold and mildew services, whether you need assistance with your carpeting, antique hand-knotted or machine-made area rugs, upholstery, wooden floors, or something else.
While mold is a naturally occurring process in the outdoors and it does not cause any problems when it is outside, when the microscopic spores each wet surfaces inside the house or at your in commercial space, it will cause a series of potentially dangerous health problems because of the exposure to fungus.
Check out our affordable mold and mildew cleaning service prices and let our IICRC-certified experts identify the best remedies for your problem and remove the problem from your rugs for good. We can also use all-natural, biodegradable moth removal and cleaning products that will not release further toxic substances into the air.
Call us today and let us restore your beautiful rugs and help you breathe clean indoor air once again.
Other services include water damage, carpet cleaning, rug cleaning, rug patching